Dec
15
3.57pm

SOUNDWAVE FESTIVAL // ‘No SW17’ according to AJ


Iconoclastic Soundwave boss AJ Maddah said there will “definitely” be no 2017 edition of the Festival over Twitter today.

The revelation comes after headliners Bring Me The Horizon expressed concerns about the event over Twitter yesterday, saying they were not “100% confirmed” for the event. AJ fired back, tweeting “have just spoken to BMTH agent & manager. We’re working on their concerns/requests,” yesterday.

Frenzal Rhomb drummer Gordy Forman posted a bizarre message along with showing fans his progress after breaking his arm earlier this year during a crowdsurfing incident. “If Soundwave manage to find heaps of money under their mattress and realise they can use that to pay the bands what they agreed upon, I might actually be able to play a song or two by then,” he said via Facebook.

Getting closer, motherfuckers.It’s been a cunt of a 6 month stitch, but I can actually hit a drum now!If Soundwave…

Posted by Frenzal Rhomb on Saturday, December 12, 2015

Soundwave Festival added three new bands to the line-up last Friday: pop-punks Relient K, rockers Walls of Jericho and Australian goth rockers Darkc3ll.

According to The Prodigy, Public Enemy and Soulfly websites, their respective Soundwave Festival appearances are not confirmed. Their dates are also unconfirmed via their artist verified Songkick pages at the time of writing. (Prodigy, Public Enemy, Soulfly)

The Festival is scheduled for 23-26 January 2016, with dates in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. The Festival is a scaling back of 2015’s two-day format, which also took place in Adelaide. The lineup includes Disturbed, Northlane, Lordi, Failure, Bullet For My Valentine, Deftones, Refused, Ill Nino and Killswitch Engage, among others.

The Soundwave Festival began as an offshoot of the Gravity Games in 2004 as the “Gravity Soundwave” Festival. It was spun off in 2007, with an event taking place each year. Soundwave has hosted rock, punk and metal’s biggest names, including Iron Maiden, Slayer, blink-182 and Faith No More.

Tickets are still available from soundwavefestival.com.

UPDATE – 1736 AEDT: Soundwave General Manager Chris O’Brien announces the launch of new management company, WhataVibe, with Melbourne hardcore act Storm The Sky as the firm’s first clients. (via TheMusic)



Latest News

MORE MUST READS >